Wednesday, January 5, 2022

My, That Went by Quickly

Today ends the storied Twelve Days of Christmas, which run from December 25 to January 5 (though some religious traditions extend it to the sixth of January). And so we also conclude Killer Covers’ latest tribute to the darling and daring dames of vintage paperback fronts. This series’ final entry will appear early this afternoon.

I’ll be interested to see what I can do along this same line in the future. A few months ago, my computer’s exterior hard drive, on which I’d been storing so many of my book-cover images, decided to cease functioning (throwing a number of projects into disarray). I have since re-created many of the files housed on that compact unit, but not all. And I haven’t come across any new novels with the word “dame” in their titles or their cover lines. I shall endeavor to dig up more, but it may be a year or two before I can present another “Twelve Dames of Christmas” feature here. Then again, doing this annually might make it more of a task and less enjoyable.

Here’s hoping 2022 will give us all cause to remember it fondly!

No comments: