Monday, June 23, 2014

Dissecting Bama’s Process

It’s been more than a month between installments, but blogger Robert Deis (aka Subtropic Bob) has finally posted the second part of his recent phone interview with artist James Bama in Men’s Pulp Mags. This section of their exchange covers Bama’s work with “legendary art teacher” Frank J. Reilly, how comic-strip illustrators Alex Raymond and Hal Foster influenced his work, and his use of male and female models over the years.

Part I of the interview is available here. And now Deis is promising a third installment as well, which--if recent history is any guide--should be available for our consideration sometime in early August.

READ MORE:Doc Savage Paperback Covers by James Bama
(The Golden Age).

1 comment:

Robert Deis (aka "SubtropicBob") said...

As a big fan of your site, I greatly appreciate the mention of mine. My pesky day job (which pays all the bills) has recently had the side effect of reducing the time I have for blogging and increased the time between posts on www.MensPulpMags.com. But I will indeed post Part 3 of my interview with artist James Bama in the weeks ahead -- hopefully before August. ;-)