Saturday, October 8, 2011

An Apology of Sorts

For readers who’ve wondered at my unexplained absence from this page for the last two months, I should tell you that a corrupted computer memory stick caused me to lose thousands--yes, I said thousands--of cover illustrations from vintage crime novels.

I still don’t know what happened, but the data seem unrecoverable. Therefore, I’ve had to go about the frustrating business of rebuilding my collection of book-front art using Web resources and my trusty scanner. Only now do I feel confident enough in the filing (and backing up) of my images for Killer Covers to restart this project.

Let’s hope I never have to go through that again.

1 comment:

markhinton@montanawriter.com said...

My sympathies go out to you. There is no more helpless a feeling than losing your hard work due to technical difficulties. Welcome back!